Thursday, June 26, 2014

The Stakes

My pebble was a theft, then a robbery
My hypocrisy started the ripples of victimization
Behavior re-calibration minus criminal rehabilitation
By then, it’s too late
For heaven’s sake
Prep school prepared me to think critically
Apply physics to the streets and chemistry
To drug dealing
Biologically speaking I was bred for prison living
Mis-educated misogyny
Mired in complacency
How can the VICTIMS be restored when the STATE stands as the witness?
How can PRISONERS show their humanity when numbers replace stories and pictures?
The system stifles spirits, so I scribe my legacy
My potency poses threats to the complex’s fiscal efficiency
Corrections meets corporations?
It’s the latest business model for exploitation
Itemized violence traded on Nasdaq
Where is our collective conscience at?
Bets are being hedged on future attacks
Stock valuations based on violent facts
Prison demography is poverty times minority
Add that to the concept of a burgeoning prison industry
Stock holder capitalize on the neuroses left in my wake
How can you relate if my reality isn't your fate?
It’s not just me
The whole of the community is at stake

by Vox

No comments:

Post a Comment